Friday, April 27, 2007

Life with Boys

I have two boys a 4 year old and a 1 year old. I knew they would be a handful, but I think I recieved a glimpse last night on how much a handful. It started with naptime (or quite time for the 4 year old) After putting them down I walk down the hall and there is sprays of chocolate milk all over my walls and doors. I discovered when my 4 year old was shaking his sippy cup to mix it up, the stopper fell out (thanks to buying cheap Walmart sippy cups) Well of course he didn't notice and kept on shaking it EVERYWHERE. So I clean my walls top to bottom (well actually bottom to top because you should clean walls bottom to top, did you know that?) and get the chocolate milk cleaned up. Then I try and get some work done (I am a work at home mom -part time) Which means I get to work while the kids sleep or late at night! Then the 1 year old wakes up, I get him up, change the diaper and play with him for a little bit till the 4 year old wakes up. Then I start working on our Tax Audit (Self-employment sucks) while the kids play together, somehow they grabbed the bag of wipes (not even the cheap ones, the Huggie ones) and take them past me (Yes, right past me) and into the Kitchen where they decide to clean things (which means 10 wipes per cleaning.) Then they throw away 1/2 the wipes and scatter the other 1/2 around the house. Now here is the problem, they did this with me seeing them through the corner of my eye and I didn't even notice! So then I hear them playing with the garbage can and tell them to quit it and notice what they did. Mommy gets mad, 4 year old goes and sits for a minute in time out. While mommy cleans up mess, I know 4 year old should of helped. (mommy feeling guilty because she knows her one year old has a lot of influence and is the more mischievous one) Out of time out, they continue to play while I finish up the Tax info. I hear a crash, run into the kitchen , where my 1 year old is under the Fish Tank in the cabinet pulling out everything and throwing it on the ground. Tell 1 year old no, no, clean everything up, and remind myself it is time to get locks on all my cupboards. Take kids downstairs to the playroom, try cleaning stuff up while they play. They are playing with the kids tools, 4 year old comes over and says his hand is red. Somehow managed to cut up his hand with at least 5 different "paper" cuts from kid safe tape measure. Take 4 year old and 1 year old upstairs to their bathroom to clean, disinfect and band aid cuts. Feed dinner, spend the whole time telling the 1 year old that he cannot keep standing on his highchair and needs to sit down. Finally tie him into highchair with an apron, what I really need is a five point harness! Take kids back downstairs where I can finish putting my books up on my new bookshelves I bought (yeah) 1 year old is done playing, 4 year old is tired. Try putting 1 year old to bed, knowing his bedtime isn't till 8:00 which is another 40 minutes away. Sit with 4 year old to watch a show. 8:00 happens 1 year old wakes up screaming. Call husband and say I know I said you could work late, but get home. Take both kids downstairs and play with them. Husband comes home, tells him to put them to bed. Grab a bag of chips and a snack pudding, crash on the couch and eat that for my dinner. Husband had cereal. Horrible huh? and I just know that I am going to have at least one more boy added to our family. Not sure I'm ready for this!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, we have all been there