Thursday, April 26, 2007

Toilet Training

When my baby was born, my 3 years and 3 month old boy FINALLY decided to start using the toilet, literally the weekend after I brought the new one home. Different, I know, but that would be my kid. When he decides on something he just does it, so he started using the toilet, no more accidents, stayed dry during the day, stayed dry during the night. It was great .... until 8 months later, we took a trip to Disneyland, where the excitement got him and he would not want to take a break to use the potty. So we had a couple of accidents, during the day. Then everything started to crumble. He started wetting at night, we cannot figure out why? Stress in his life? Probably, in the past year, we moved in a new home, he had a new brother born and started preschool. But he he will go a month then start up again. One thing we've noticed is if his room isn't cleaned he will always have an accident, (He is a little OCD on that one) Not a biggie, we clean it up every night, but the accidents still happen. So his dad is sick of it and is putting him in pull ups every night now. I feel like we are horribly digressing into toddlerhood instead of helping him. What do you think? Should we just let this play out? Or are we crutching him by doing the pull ups? He pulled a fit the first night his daddy said he was putting him in them, so I told him he got one more chance tonight to stay dry.. Ha I probably just stressed him more, he had an accident. So pull ups it has been and two nights of him still wetting the bed.

No comments: