Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Thought I was a Good Mother

My first baby was born and I thought I was a good mother. I thought I was a good mother when I told my first born bum down on the high chair and he listened. I thought I was a good mother when I told my first born, No, No on opening the cabinets and he listened. I thought I was a good mother when I told him, No, No on eating the cat food and he listened. I thought I was a good mother when the first born was squirming during a diaper change and I told him legs straight, and he listened. I thought I was a good mother when I told my first born don't go past the grass and he listened. I thought I was a good mother because my first born started to walk and I didn't have to re arrange my house, he listened. I thought I was a good mother when I informed my first born to not go on the tile that was too close to the fireplace and he listened. I thought I was a good mother, but then the second one was born...

No comments: