Friday, May 18, 2007

Mean Mom

I was shopping the other day with my two boys sitting in the cart, the baby in the baby seat, and the 4 year old in the back. I was trying to find a certain toy for a certain 4 year old without him knowing it on a shelve that was anything BUT organized. The boys were playing with each other pretty good, when the baby (8 months) all of a sudden started crying, RIGHT when I found the toy I was looking for. I told him hold on a minute, while I climb the shelves (yes a little bit of trapeze was going on) and tried to grab the toy. It took me a few minutes to grab the toy while the baby cried his, not hurt, but frustrated cry. Finally I reached the toy, got it under the cart without the four year old noticing and picked up the baby. Well, a not so nice mom (I would like to call her the wicked witch) who was with her teenage daughter (about 15) goes, "It's about time you picked him up" Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know I was in the library. Ha, no I just gave her a dirty look and continued to comfort my son (who quit crying the minute I picked him up) So then she goes, "You don't know what your other son did" and walked away. Don't you hate those moments when a million thoughts run through your head of what you should of said... like, "Well why didn't you inform me of what my son did, if you so obviously noticed I didn't see" Or, "Hey, I know my kids, both of them and yes the 4 year old probably did hit the 8 month old with the soft toy he had, but the 8 months olds cry was not of pain" But no I made no comment, just continued on my shopping trip, with my day pretty much ruined because another mom felt it in her place to judge, instead of being helpful or kind!

No comments: